To choose Aurora is smart
It is smart to let us take over the responsibility of network ownership, maintenance and development because:
- Networks are ageing. We bring transparency to risks caused by ageing and take financial responsibility of performing required investments.
- No production stoppages due to interruptions in electricity distribution
- We assist in ensuring your company stays competitive thanks to a reliable and life-cycle efficient network
- We finance network development and its maintenance. You release resources to develop your core business.
- We help in the shift to less carbon intensive production processes
- We ensure that the network in your service meets your needs
- You gain access to our network specialists, who have vast know-how and experience
Our network partnership released resources
For a long time, the industrial network in the Kilpilahti area was owned by Neste, but the company sold it to Aurora Infrastructure Oy at the turn of 2014-2015. Besides Neste, the Kilpilahti closed distribution network is also used by other companies in the area. Outsourcing the network released resources for Neste’s core business. Outsourcing the electricity network was a beneficial solution for Neste financially, operationally and from the perspective of developing the network.
Neste Energy Director Jussi Hintikka says:
“Developing the network in the Kilpilahti area requires investments and human resources. Outsourcing the network to Aurora has released these resources back to our core business. Now there is a specialized organization in charge of the electricity infrastructure development and distribution. In just a short period of time, Aurora has made multiple investments in modernizing the network and there is significant development work under way. For us, the greatest uncertainty factor in the outsourcing was the smooth development of cooperation and whether the development of the network would proceed logically from our perspective. Now, a bit over two years later, I can safely say that the collaboration works well at every level. Aurora is committed to developing the network, so our concerns have been proven unfounded.”